Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Young Fella's Prayer

Dear God, I want to be a good husband
Teach me how to love my wife
As much as You love me

I want to think of no other than her
I want to fulfil all her needs
And I want her to be happy all the time

Let me embrace her all the time
Even when distance exists
Just want to tell her that I love her

If she is down
Let me be Your channel to motivate her up
When she is weak
Teach me to empower her

Dear God, I want to be a good father
Teach me how to love my child
As much as You love me

I want my child to be better than me
I want him to succeed in his life
And I want him to love You even more than me

I want to hug him to sleep
Such that he could sleep soundly
Knowing that his father always keeps him safe

I want to teach him what I have learned
So that as he steps into his world
He knows what is it all about

I want to work at my hardest
For my wife
For my children
Show me my ways Lord
As I step into the unknowns of the future
I want to be the best I can be
Not for myself
But for those whom I am going to love in my future

This is my prayer Lord
Remind me of this always
In Jesus' name
Amen

200308 0515

No comments:

Post a Comment